- ● USING LORE V2
- ● USE CASES
- ● MEMBERSHIP NFTS
- ● POSTING & VOTING IN THE COMMUNITY FEED
- ● WALLET MANAGEMENT
● USING LORE V2
Lore is a community-driven creation platform. On Lore, communities form onchain through NFT memberships, engage in forums, and collectively make on-chain transactions, enabling users to create media and initiatives together.
- At the mint of the Membership NFT there is a Platform fee that is split between the Community and Lore
- For mints that are Free or Priced below 0.03108 ETH there is a 0.000777 ETH platform fees that’s split 0.000444 ETH between the Community and 0.000333 ETH to the Lore platform
- For mints that are Priced above 0.03108 ETH. There is a platform fee of 5% that is split 50/50 between the Community and the Lore platform
Lore V2 operates on the Base chain.
V1 is on ETH mainnet. Soon we will introduce V2 to ETH mainnet, OP mainnet and Zora
The Membership NFT contracts are all owned by the Community, more specifically, the Community Wallet you launch when you bring your community onchain on the Lore platform.
As we introduce more smart contract systems, they will continue to be launched and owned by community wallets.
Benefits are determined by the Creator(s) of the Community. The Creator(s) can choose to offer any type of benefit they want, such as:
- Exclusive access to Content
- Early access to new products or services.
- Discounts or other perks
- Voting rights
Learn how to propose and execute transactions here
● USE CASES
NFT communities and web3 social clubs are forming sub-communities around shared interests or traits, from regional groups to trait-based collectives.
Here are some cool communities and sub-communities we love:
Dead Birds Society: Moonbirds has multiple sub-communities, including Dead Birds Society - a gathering place for skeleton-trait Moonbirds. Deadbirds goal was to raise funds to help biodiversity loss IRL. See their mission here. By acquiring the skelly Moonbirds they were able to grow their brand and attract new members. They now have over 90 members and 150ETH of assets!
MVP69DAO: This is a Super Crew on Memeland's Ecosystem. They pooled resources to buy Potatoz, mint Captainz, and Quest together. Forming crews allows them to earn better rewards and even participate in raids which are a social game dynamic.
Smaller, informal groups interact online to combine funds and buy or create NFTs.
By working together, they can earn rewards and have fun as a community, even if they don't have a formal mission statement.
Some of our favorite collectives:
The Base Builder community initiated a crowdsourced AMA with their favorite consumer crypto builder on Base. Members minted Membership NFTs using Lore as voting passes and voted in WINTΞR from Basepaint as their guest. Next, members will crowdsource questions for the AMA on Unlonley. Members will use the shared wallet to launch an NFT video montage where proceeds are distributed to the contributors.
A collective of Basepaint artists is looking to purchase brushes and vote on what to paint together on Basepaint. Existing brush holders deposit their brushes to mint voting passes, and new members can mint an NFT to fund the purchase of new brushes.
Hug - Scales is an art collective from The Hug community that formed to support Anna Judd, an artist within their community.So far, they have acquired 49 pieces of Anna Judd’s coveted collection of Scales on Lore through co-purchasing — or as a contribution for membership into the collective.They use our NFT deposits feature where members can contribute an NFT to earn an ownership stake in the collective.Read more about how they use Lore here.
FWB Squallet: This is FWB nft-general-chat's vault, affectionately named squallet (squad wallet). They aim to back emergent culture, art, and memes within the Friends with Benefits community!
An internet corporation is engaging its community to collect memorabilia for a new museum in NYC. Community members can mint sponsor passes to fund the treasury or choose to be ticket holders and suggest what memorabilia will be purchased via races.
A web3 organization whose mission is to create public goods funding initiatives to support projects advancing inclusion and empowerment through sport uses Lore's tiered NFTs to collect interest from members who want to be backers, voters, or sponsors. Participants can mint tiered NFTs with exclusive benefits allocated to the different tiers. Members can vote on which local community they want to impact!
● MEMBERSHIP NFTS
Lore's onchain communities begin with a special type of NFT sale, called Membership NFTs.
Membership NFTs can be Priced or Free. They can be Open or Fixed Editions — and they can be gated by an allowlist. This creates interesting use cases
- Membership NFTs can also be Priced and sold which in turn crowdfunds a community wallet.
- Membership NFTs can be Free and gated by an allowlist so that they can be earned instead of bought.
- All Membership NFTs are tethered to onchain voting rights. You can set them however you’d like from zero to infinity.
- All members can propose polls to make decisions to vote. Polls can be for community engagement — or can trigger onchain transactions, as long as they are blessed by the Admins
Based on the outstanding amount of votes you can determine you individual Voting Power. You can see all of the individual Voting Power on the Dashboard tab
● POSTING & VOTING IN THE COMMUNITY FEED
A Community Feed is the forum on Lore where you can see a chronological view of all community content and polls.
Only owners on Membership NFTs can view the Community Feed
All members can post Polls in the Forum on a forum to make decisions to vote. Polls can be for community engagement or can trigger onchain transactions (soon). Polls can be simple “Yes” or “No” decisions or can be configured to have your own options.
● WALLET MANAGEMENT
A Community Wallet is a shared treasury that is collectively owned by the community. It’s a smart contract wallet that holds the funds the community has raised through Memberships/Crowdfunds.
- Your treasury is a multi-signature wallet that you can customize according to your needs. It has two types of members: Admins (Signing Members) and Non-Signing Members
- Admins (Signing Members) are responsible for safeguarding the treasury, and they can add or remove members, sign proposals, and operate the funds. Non-Signing Members, on the other hand, have contributed to the treasury and can participate in the decision-making.
- Signer Threshold is the minimum number of treasury members needed to approve a transaction before it's confirmed onchain.
- Lore recommends a signer threshold of at least 2 and at maximum 5 regardless of how many people are in the Collective.
- Proposals are like suggestions made by any member of the Collective that can be executed on the blockchain.
- All the important decisions of the Collective, such as payments and distributions, buying NFTs are made through these Proposals.
- Proposal Types:
- Dapp Proposals: To initiate any web3 transaction and explore web3 together
- NFT Proposals: For NFT transactions over popular marketplaces
- Role Management: To determine who can be a Signing or Non-Signing Member
- Distributions are a way for a group to distribute money from a shared fund, based on each member's voting power.
- Collectives use Distributions for two main purposes:
- To distribute profits to members as a dividend.
- To distribute rewards to all members fairly.
- Some Dapps currently do not support smart contract wallets. Any item listed on these Dapps or routed through them will not work. To access these Dapps you will need a wallet that has a private key, such as Metamask, hardware wallets, and other EOA wallets controlled by a single person.
- Workaround Solution #1
- Raise Funds
- Transfer funds using “Transfer Tokens” proposal to an EOA wallet
- Head over to Dapp and purchase asset
- Send the asset to the community wallet
- A collective member buys the asset
- Transfer the asset back to your collective using the "Sell NFT to Collective" proposal.